Thursday, November 11, 2010

Donna Livingston and the Deathly Hallows

Well, it's come down to it. Only one week until the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I! I've been intending to re-read this book for a long while now- never mind that I've read it two times before. I've read the other six books at least 5-7 times each, but this last book... well, it is the last... and my heart broke a little more each time I read it. I could only stand it twice.

But this morning I picked up the beloved book that has been winking at me from my bedside table for 2 months. Faster than you can touch a portkey, I was transported to Malfoy Manor and stood staring up at the suspended figure of Charity Burbage, slowly revolving above the table of Death Eaters. I couldn't tear myself away until all of The Seven Potters made it back to the Burrow, and the news of the Fallen Warrior had been sadly delivered.

I must confess, it was a wrench to put the book down, as a bit of my Harry Potter mania was newly revived with each page I turned;  It was like visiting with old, very dear friends! Those little wizards and witches will never know how much they mean to me. I mean, I love them. Seriously love them.

1 comment:

  1. I still need to read this one! I'm guessing the movie will be fantastic. It will be sad once all the films are completed :(

    ReplyDelete